Friday, November 19, 2010

Preparing essay

For the first three weeks of class I was tiring to decide on a health topic. I found some good resources to use but the information was pretty old I found a articles that was from back in the 90's. Then I thought I might change topics because there was no recent information. Shortly after that I found some sources that are more current from 2009 and 2010 that I can use. Recently I have been reading information on how to write a strong thesis statement and have a good introduction, the information I found in the writing center was very helpful. After writing my rough draft I see what changes need to be made by restructuring the sentence the paragraph will flow better. I also need to remove a sentence in were I repeated information on medical conditions that are developed from eating disorders. I am kind of nervous about it but I will have the wrinkles ironed out before I turn in my essay.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. It took me right up until the deadline to even finally decide on a topic. I threw out several interesting topics that I simply could not find any reliable information about...but, I got very lucky because Kaplan library happened to have several very helpful articles on the topic that I did choose...once you get the rough draft on paper perfecting it into the perfect project becomes a lot easier...I am an avid re-writer...it is like the sketch of what you want something to look like...you fill in all the highlights and shadows later...Good luck with your progress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve - it sounds like you have a plan - that's great!

    ReplyDelete